Monday, December 31, 2012

TMFH: Plugged-in

Today I sat by a guy that was seemingly addicted to electronic devices. He went from phone to iPod to laptop back to iPod, and then back to phone during my 2 hr flight by his side. The amazing part was that he nearly did this seamlessly. I was grateful I had a good book to read; otherwise, it would have been a lonely flight. Maybe I should bring headphone splitters for these types of situations? What are your thoughts on being continuously plugged-in? Personally, I hate how it relieves people from human interaction and conversation. It definitely deters face to face conversation. Me no likey.

1 comment:

Petersen Palace said...

happy 2013 Cha Cha!!! It sure has been a long time. We need to get together! We went to Tennessee to visit Royal's parents for Christmas and I didn't see one person plugged into their ipod. It was strange and liberating. People walked with their heads held high, carrying a smile, and said hello to everyone who crossed their path. It was so refreshing! ipods and technology are great, but just like anything else, too much of a good thing is not so good. Glad you had a real book to hold. :)