Tuesday, December 4, 2012

TMFH: Long days = much squawking

Today was looooong for a caged animal like me.

By the time I was released back into the wild tonight, I wasn't sure how to behave. Driven mad by professional development and collaboration, I felt like flying away to freely squawk into the wind all the wild imaginations of my mind. "Performance and Proficiency are the same! They are the same! The saaaame!"

Still caged though, I sat in my car thumbing through the numbers instead. With i-pod temporarily ceased and desisted, I concluded yet again that the radio is devoid of all good music, clicked it off, and drove home in raging silence.

Upon entering habitat, I joyfully shed my clothes, my suit, my costume. And now I huddle here refuged and sequestered from the adult world covered in feathers, peeping through the colors of my childhood.

I listen. Yes. I hear a
"Squawk!" ha ha! Yes!
"Squawk!"
With each squawk, I feel a surge inside. Delightful. Wonderful!
"SQUAAAAAAWK! Ha ha ha!"

2 comments:

Aubree said...

I love Charla posts. I am that I have friends who studied English and whose writing I find more than bearable! You are so entertaining, and I miss the flavor that you add to my life.

charlaguay said...

Thanks Aubs! I'm glad i have friends who embrace the weird in me. :)