It's been interesting to watch my views on swearing change over the years. I myself can count on one hand how many times I have sworn out loud in my life. It just doesn't come out. But, I have grown less and less bothered by swear words themselves.
What bothers me more are the excessive use of them and the harsh intent behind them. But you have to admit that there are times when a certain choice word perfectly and entirely expresses how you feel. And there are times when a well placed swear word adds a little punch, a little passion to what you're saying.
Again, it all goes back to the intent. So, I won't hold it against you if an occasional word comes out. But, I'll admit I find it a major turn-off when a man swears on a regular basis. And there are certain harsh swear words that I find entirely classless.
No comments:
Post a Comment