Monday, June 13, 2011

Too excited to sleep!

On Wednesday (via Skype video stream):
"My last question is simply, when will I find out if you are offering me the job?"
"We'll definitely have a decision by Friday. We want to fill this position soon, but we need to check references first."

On Friday:
-no email

Saturday & Sunday:
-same story

Monday:
-I think I checked my email every two hours, just in case. (I have issues.)
-And remarkably at midnight, England time, which is 5 pm Utah time I checked my email and there it was!

All I needed was to scan the first line quickly to read "we'd like to offer".

Offer! Offer! I know exactly what they'd like to offer! Do I dare read on? Or should I try to breathe first? Am I really this blessed?

I jumped up and hugged my brother-in-law. Where is my sister at a time like this?! (Stuck in a stuffy plane flying home from a wedding photo shoot in the states) Oh, but I cannot wait to tell her! Good thing she has no access to the internet for the next 15 hours.

In short, I will be working as a full-time Spanish teacher at Eastmont Middle School starting in August. Yay!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!