Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I believe in LANGE

- Oh great... another talk about lange - droned Aubree.
- Lange? - I snickered
- Ha ha! Lange?! No! Change, I said change! - retorted Aubs.
- Lange. I love lange! I’m all about lange.- me
-Your face is lange! –you guessed it

The stake high councilman’s talk was langed forever after that. But, I guess that’s what happens when you sit next to your best friend in Stake Conference. I’ll have to review my notes to remember what exactly I got out of that meeting, other than a good back scratch and a new nonsense word. But we’ll save that for another post on another day. Today, I want to talk about lange.

Sick of that word yet?

Well it just so happens that THAT word, if there were ever a word that you could roll the past 3 years of my life up into, would be the word. So, sick of it or not, I guess I’d better get used to it. And while we’re on the topic, why don’t we take a look at my “recent langes” list.

RECENT LANGES:
Plan
Langed Plan
Live in Provo all summer Live in England all summer
Get a tan Live in England all summer
Finish Independent Study course in Provo Finish it in a week and a half to go to England
Chill with Aubree Skype Aubree
Spend summer with friends Spend summer with adorable nephews and sister
Get some boring job to make a couple of bucks Read tons of books, play with babies and go to Spain
Finish and distribute my cd in Provo Finish cd quickly and distribute in England
Play my guitar ALL THE TIME Play bro-in-law’s guitar ALL THE TIME

So, as you can see, not all the langes are bad langes. And though I will miss chillin’ with Aubree and adding to our endless list of inside jokes, I will start adding again to that list that my sister and I had to put down when she moved to England. I miss that list. And most of all, I miss my family. (Did I mention I get to go to Spain?!)

Hasta el agosto, Provo. ¡Te extrañaré!

No comments: