Friday, January 14, 2011

I love my high school students already

"My friend totally made me this fire airbender necklace out of wood. I love it!"
"This class is so boring."
"Senorita Aranda, do you actually LIKE working here?"
My name's not Nate, it's Bryce."
"Conjugar? What does that even mean? I never understand what he's saying. Ugh!"
"Senorita, que tienes anos?.... "Cuantos anos tengo?"
"When are YOU going to start teaching us? Today? Tomorrow? Soon?"

So, it's been a week and a half, and I'm already loving these high school kids. They are so hilarious that I find myself constantly trying not to laugh at things they say and do. On Wednesday I officially get to take over the class. They become MINE! I'm having a blast thinking about real (vs. imaginary) students when I plan my lessons.

2 comments:

Alysha and Jason said...

That is awesome! You are going to be an amazing maestra!

charlaguay said...

Muchas Gracias Alysha!